September marked a super full month of "first's" for my family. As September is our crazy birthday/anniversary month. We started off the month celebrating (or something, not as happy) Dad and Mom's 40th Wedding Anniversary without mom. Then the next day Stephanie's birthday, without mom. And then to top off a three day emotional marry-go-round, it was of course Mom's birthday, without her!
We moved into Corey and Autumn celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary, Autumn's Birthday, Corey's Birthday and Jordan's Birthday without mom. Corey and Autumn hosted everyone at their home for a joined birthday for themselves. It was great to be around family, but I could not help but notice within minutes of being in their beautiful home full of love and family that something was missing; Mom, her laughter, her food and sweets not being there rapped around me like a blanket and stayed with me the entire evening. I left giving hugs, with a full belly, a pounding headache and feeling empty.
Everyone says "first's" are hard, and they are sure as hell right. To have so many so soon after is just as hard as the day she left us. I can't help but be thankful that my birthday is almost a whole year away, so that maybe by the time it comes I will be stronger and the emptiness won't hurt as much.
~~~Quote for today:
They say that the hardest thing is for a parent to out-live their child, but I believe that it is equally hard to be the child that has to live without a parent ~~~ Jayne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment